Themes and goals of the event
This contact seminar is dedicated to participants from cultural institutions in Europe interested to submit project proposal under Adult Education sector od Erasmus+ programme. The idea of the seminar is to give European participants space for networking in the area of adults’ key competences learnt in cultural institutions, sharing the best practices, discussing ideas for new projects and preparing drafts of new mutual projects under Erasmus+ Adult Education.
The participants will deliver European network of contacts and set up at least several Erasmus+ Adult Education projects.
The European Commission works with EU Member States to support and reinforce the development of key competences and basic skills for all, from an early age and throughout life. Key competences include knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed by all for personal fulfilment and development, employability, social inclusion and active citizenship.
The approach is to promote key competences by:
- Providing high-quality education, training and lifelong learning for all
- Supporting educational staff in implementing competence-based teaching and learning approaches
- Encouraging a variety of learning approaches and contexts for continued learning
- Exploring approaches to assess and validate key competences
To achieve these aims there will be organised plenary sessions with experts contribution and small working groups gathering participants willing to elaborate together a project. NA will support participants throughout the whole seminar.
Erasmus+ and Key Action 2
Location and Travel
All participants will be staying at one location. Here are the address and contact information for the seminar venue:
Hotel Mercure Warszawa Centrum
ul. Złota 48/54, 00-120 Warszawa
tel. +48 22 69739 99
Check in on 8th of October, after 2:00 p.m. check out on 11th of October, before 12:00 p.m.
While arranging your travel please acknowledge that the seminar starts on 8th Oct 18.00 and ends on 11th Oct 11:00 (check-out until 12:00). Accommodation costs for three nights in a single room will be booked and paid by Polish NA (no charge for the participants).
The best way to get to the hotel is to book a flight to Warsaw Chopin Airport (WAW).
- Fast Urban Railway (https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/train.html and go to the station “Warszawa Śródmieście” (line S2) or “Warszawa Centralna” (line s3). The stations are very close to each other and to the hotel. Here you can find the timetables: https://www.ztm.waw.pl/index.php?c=81&l=2.
- Koleje Mazowieckie airport train and go to the the station “Warszawa Centralna”.
Bus number 175 https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/public-transport.html
Taxi https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/taxi.html. We strongly recommend using only the taxi companies presented on the airport website.
We recommend taking the train if you want to choose between train and bus.
On S lines all ZTM tickets are valid http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=110&l=2. We recommend to buy 75 minutes ticket (Single fare transfer ticket). A 20 minute ticket will not be enough.
On other trains (Koleje Mazowieckie – KM) you can travel with an ZTM “integrated ticket”: http://www.ztm.waw.pl/integracja.php?i=2&c=103&l=2 or you can buy a seperate ticket for this kind of trains (in a ticket machine).
If you decide to come by train you have to choose the “Warszawa Centralna” station as your destination.